Monday, December 8, 2014

Bill Cosby and the CIA Torture Report


A poem I wrote in reaction to the Bill Cosby rape allegations, the CIA torture report, Ferguson riots, ebola, Eric Garner etc.


THE SERGEANT BARKING IN MY FACE

by matt burns

Isis

Ebola
Bill Cosby
Ferguson
CIA torture report
What's after that?
Back to Isis again?
Isis is pissed and retaliates?

Every day something new

Can’t keep track of it all
Hard to follow
Hard to educate myself
As soon as I get a grip on one current event
Another one happens
And when I barely get a grip on that
There’s another one
And another
Like working the conveyor belt in an assembly line
If you’re not quick enough
You’ll fall behind
And everything will just
Whizz
On
By

The “news” today is a Drill Sergeant

Shouting in my face
One trending topic after another
Assaulting my senses
I feel disorientation
My head’s spinning
So much that
I'm paralyzed with overstimulation
And sensory overload 
To the point where I’m confused
Stunned
Numb
And more easily malleable
Easier to control

Like with a Marine in bootcamp

The point is to break me down
So that I easily take my orders

Because I've lost my grip on what the hell's going on in reality

I look for the government via the media to dictate it to me

I don't understand anything that's going on


I'm confused


Just tell me what I need to do

No comments:

Post a Comment